Caring for Ecodomo Leather on your wall and/or floor
The care required for a leather floor is similar to what you need to do for a wood floor. Your leather floor will carry characteristics of the environment and the lifestyle of the area in which it is installed. It will develop both character and a lovely patina over time. Normal maintenance includes, vacuuming with a soft brush, damp mopping with a very well wrung out mop.
- Dust-mop (with a non-treated, clean mop) or vacuum regularly to remove loose soil and fine dust particles that can scratch finished floors.
- Wipe up spills quickly with a cloth or sponge and clean as recommended
- As required, in addition to a damp cloth/mop, you may use Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Swedish Formula, pH Neutral & Non Toxic - a pH neutral cleaning product – on recycled leathers.
- We recommend using only Carnauba-based wax for our Milano Floor Tiles.
- Never use wet mops, highly acidic or alkaline cleaners, non-recommended commercial cleaners or polishes, or treated mops that have been used to clean other floors or furniture.
- 70% or more of dirt on the floors in your environment is tracked in from the outside. One square yard of matting can capture one pound of soil. Use entryway mats to capture tracked in dirt and soil, and clean them regularly.
- Once installed, leather walls don’t require additional maintenance.
- To help minimize expansion and contraction, use a humidifier or dehumidifier to maintain an even level of humidity. The recommended humidity range for all EcoDomo floors is 40% to 60%.
The care and maintenance for EcoDomo leathers products is very similar to the maintenance and requirements of interior wood finishes.
Please contact use for additional details for each collection or specific application.