EcoDomo's Recycled Leathers are unique for their esthetic qualities and abrasion properties. Made for extreme wear and tear conditions, the recycled leathers of EcoDomo are nearly twice as dense as cork floor tiles, have abrasion rates comparable to linoleum, and are easy to install and maintain. Suitable for floors and walls, our recycled leathers can be customized for size, color, or embossing. They look stunningly beautiful and luxurious in a variety of applications.
EcoDomo recycled leather have been installed in staircases, yachts, hotel floors, bars, bedrooms, closets, kitchens, doors, hallways, gyms, powder rooms, fireplaces, studies, libraries, dens, media rooms, music studios, museums, casework, elevators, drawer pulls, conference rooms, trophy and game rooms, stadiums, hotel suites, elevator lobbies, furniture, restaurant table tops, bar tops, signs, and more! Visit our portfolio or our Facebook page for a look at our installations.
Our Recycled Leather are offered in two stocked collections: Echelon and Rainforest.
The recycled leathers in plank or glue down all contribute to LEED® points and have been used in various LEED® certified projects in North America. The colors and finishes vary within every collection and are frequently updated. Specifics sizes, installation instructions, and customization options can be found in each section in more detail.
Echelon Collection : Glue-Down Recycled Leather Rainforest Collection: Floating Recycled Leather
Our expertise in recycled leather is easily customized to your needs. See the page Creative Design Solutions for ideas and references. We've done area rugs, custom colors, mini to jumbo sizes, top-stitch with the Amish, specialty ceramics, and used belt applications. We enjoy the daily creative challenge we get from designers, retailers, and architects to identify branding solutions and novelty applications for projects
Styles & Sizes
EcoDomo stocks a wide range of recycled leathers in sheet and tile size. Please refer to the specific Echelon or Rainforest collection for details or contact us - we often have new projects, colors, and options available.
Installation & Maintenance
The installation options are glue-down with different adhesives or floating. We offer technical support with certified flooring consultants to assist you in your project from start to completion. Please do not hesitate to contact us - we will make it easy to work with our product line.
The maintenance for our leather floors is similar to a hardwood floor. Follow these easy maintenance tips and spend years enjoying your EcoDomo floor:
- Dust-mop (with a non-treated, clean mop) or vacuum regularly to remove loose soil and fine dust particles that can scratch finished floors.
- Wipe up spills quickly with a cloth or sponge and clean as required and recommended;
- Use only Bonakemi Residential Hardwood Floor Maintenance Ph Neutral products with the Rainforest Collection;
- We recommend the use of a non-slip wax for our Echelon Collection to be applied as needed (No Slip Wax from Trewax);
- Never use wet mops, highly acidic or alkaline cleaners, non-recommended commercial cleaners or polishes, or treated mops that have been used to clean other floors or furniture.
- 70% or more of dirt on the floors in your environment is tracked in from the outside. One square yard of matting can capture one pound of soil. Use entry-way mats to capture tracked in dirt and soil, and clean them regularly. Rubber or fiber backed mats may stain or scratch floor finish.
- To help minimize expansion and contraction, use a humidifier or dehumidifier to maintain an even level of humidity. The recommended humidity range for all EcoDomo floors is 40% to 60%.
Architectural & LEED ® SpecificationsThe Specifications and Performance Characteristics of our specific product lines can be found in each product section. All our products have similar contributions to LEED® projects in the following category:
Our Recycled Leather Tiles may contribute to LEED® for Commercial Interiors in:
- MR: 4.1/ 4.2 Recycled Content (pre-consumer)
- IAC: 4.2 / 4.3 Low-emission adhesive and product
- Local5.1/5.2 500 mile radius manufacturing*
- Renewable: 6.0 Rapidly renewable resource and material
EcoDomo LLC is a member of the US Green Building Council and CoopAmerica. We consider paying for carbon credits, wind-generated electricity, and recycled materials as essential as paying for rent and other utilities. Visit www.EcoDomo.com for more details.
Download architectural specification for Echelon Collection in pdf format
Download architectural specification for Rainforest Collection in pdf format